WELCOME TO CRUMBLES CERAMIC STUDIO
WE HAVE MOVED FROM OUR PREMISES AT THE HIGHLAND PARK SHOPPING CENTRE DUE TO THE PROPOSED RENOVATION OF THE CENTRE.
WE ARE NOW ABLE TO OFFER A VENUE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS AT THE PAKURANGA PLAZA. WE WILL BE CHARGING A STUDIO FEE FOR THIS SERVICE. THIS VENUE MAY ALSO BE AVAILABLE DURING THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE.
WE WILL ALSO CONTINUE WITH OUR POPULAR MOBILE SERVICE, WHEREIN WE WILL COME OUT TO YOUR LOCATION WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU WILL NEED TO PAINT OUR CERAMICS. THIS SERVICE IS OFFERED ON ALL DAYS. OUR MOBILE SERVICE CATERS TO GROUPS OF ALL SIZES – FROM 2 UP TO 100 OR MORE.
What is Paint Your Own Pottery all about?
People of all ages and abilities are able to paint on our ceramics.
When we come out to you with everything you need to create your work of art, we will give you heaps of encouragement and ideas and stay on hand to help you through the whole process.
It really is that easy and a lot of fun.
Your ceramic piece, once fired, is Microwave and Dishwasher safe, so not only do you have fun creating a piece, you get to keep and use it too!
We hold fun events for adults and kids, including office team building sessions, birthday parties, bridal and baby showers and any other event you can think of and are happy to work with schools, kindergartens, fund-raising groups, school holiday programme and after-school care providers to give your groups a memorable experience
You need to allow yourself about 1.5 hours – 2 hours to paint a piece.
We do get busy so please call us to make a booking at least a week to ten days in advance, though we will try to accommodate you if you give us less notice
How does it work?
- Choose your ceramic piece – From our range of over 200 pieces of dinnerware & ornaments.
- Pick your ceramic piece – With over 200 pieces to choose from there is something for everyone. Our range includes tea and coffee pots, mugs, plates, vases, money banks, tiles and plenty of ornamental pieces like unicorns, dinosaurs, fairies, various animals like cats, dogs, rabbits, penguins etc.
- Plan your design – You don’t have to be an artist, we have made it easy to be creative with stamps, ideas books, templates, stencils and with carbon paper you can even trace your own design on.
- Choose your colours – We have many colours to choose from, all non toxic and completely safe. Best of all they are water based so any paint on clothing just washes out.
- Paint -Use our brushes, stamps, sponges and even your fingers and hands to create that masterpiece. We can even show you some of our funky techniques.
- Now we do our part – We take your piece and dip it in clear glaze. When it’s dry, we load them into our big kilns, and leave them to bake for 10 hours! It takes about 24 hours for the kilns to cool down. We then unload, sand and pack your pieces ready to collect. This takes 7 – 10 days.
How Much Does It Cost?
Our ceramic pieces are priced between 15$ and 45$ and include all paints, stencils, stamps, ideas, glazing and firing of each piece.
We also charge a call out fee that will depend on your location and the size of your group